This blog is a journal of my 3 week trip to see our daughter Laura in Finland. My friend Ruth S. and I left on Sept 15, 2010 from Chicago IL, arrived in Stockholm Sweden, traveled to Finland, took an overnight cruise trip to St. Petersburg Russia, back to Helsinki Finland, then back to Sweden and left to come back to the states on Oct 6, 2010

I exported these posts from my main blog so they had their own blog and didn't get lost in the middle of my "family life" posts. When I posted them I also changed the format to "first to last" posts, rather than the normal "last posts first." Now you can start at the beginning and read thru to the last.

I really appreciate all those who let me know you stopped by! Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Goodbye Sweden, Hello USA!

 My last journal post!

 It's time to leave--3 weeks can seem like it's going to be a long time when you're on the planning end of things.  When it comes to looking back on the time then you realize how short a time it is.  Of course since we were busy and traveling most of that time, then it passes very quickly.
 One last picture together with Laura & Mavis....Thank you SO MUCH, both of you.  You made our trip so special, and our days with you will be unforgettable!



 The journey in reverse--same road.  A little more colorful.
 Can you believe it's raining again, just like the day we arrived!

 Hmm, I don't think Laura looks quite as happy & excited here this day as she did the day we arrived!!
 Leaving Sweden....One last photo together on our trip oversees

 Ruth and I arrive safely back in Chicago USA!

Ruth was quite enthusiastically greeted by her daughter who surprised her by coming to the airport along with Rob.  (Sorry, I DON'T mean to imply that Rob was not happy to see his wife.... HA!)


  It will take some doing to go through pictures and put together an album --Ruth and I probably have about 2,000 pictures total!
Since now I've actually been home for a week I've been thru alot of them, deleting, sorting, cropping.
It's 7 (or 8 depending on where we were) hours difference in time over there, and because of the way my camera's date is set, my pictures loaded into my folders 1/2 on one day, 1/2 on the next. That made going thru and trying to sort what was "one day" much more difficult.

Now that I've got my basic travel journal all blogged, I'm hoping to transfer it to a separate blog of it's own so it's not lost in the middle of this one.  Maybe I'll do some "tweaking"...  I'd still like to do a couple posts on some "people & fashion" and some signs along the way.  We'll see how that goes!

Thanks for traveling along with us, I hope you enjoyed the arm-chair trip.

6 comments:

  1. My dear sistah: it has been the most marvelous journey and i thoroughly enjoyed every moment!!! thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing the moments, hours, days & weeks with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved taking the digital tour of your trip. How wonderful to see Laura and all the friends over there. Glad everyone is home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed every bit of it! Thanks for sharing and I am so glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I was there living it with you, it's been fun to "see" it through your blog, too. Thank you for posting all this! And THANK YOU again SO MUCH for inviting me to go along -- it was a WONDERFUL experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been fun to read your entries, and I would enjoy some extra pages in there, too. Slow but sure gets things done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I did enjoy the armchair trip- very much!
    And I have to admit- I shed a few quiet tears at those first pix on this post... Family is sooooo special. You'd like to hang onto them all and keep them so close- just right there by you... but you can't. So- you wave them off and treasure the memories!

    ReplyDelete