This blog is a journal of my 3 week trip to see our daughter Laura in Finland. My friend Ruth S. and I left on Sept 15, 2010 from Chicago IL, arrived in Stockholm Sweden, traveled to Finland, took an overnight cruise trip to St. Petersburg Russia, back to Helsinki Finland, then back to Sweden and left to come back to the states on Oct 6, 2010

I exported these posts from my main blog so they had their own blog and didn't get lost in the middle of my "family life" posts. When I posted them I also changed the format to "first to last" posts, rather than the normal "last posts first." Now you can start at the beginning and read thru to the last.

I really appreciate all those who let me know you stopped by! Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Ferry trip to Aland

Monday noon.

The only ferry I've ever been on was a fairly small one, years ago.  Nothing like this, and it was just a short-cross the river one.
I know many others who have been on cruises, but I've never been on any type of a ship at all, or on the ocean, so this was an awesome first time experience!
It was a fairly short trip, only about 2.5 hours from Stockholm Sweden to the Aland Islands, but it was over lunch hour, so Laura had made reservations for us to have the lunch buffet on board.
We were very pleased to find our table was at the front of the ferry with a wonderful window view.  We lingered there as long as we could, and then went and shopped a bit before going outside to enjoy the rest of our ride on the decks.  I'm looking forward to several more ferry rides while we're here!












Sorry, it's just juice!! :D










8 comments:

  1. I could almost feel the brisk sea air! Reminds me of when I went from Prince Edward Island to Nova Scotia. Again, love your pictures! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to ride a ferry again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a good view on the Ferry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Maxine! What an experience you are having. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Ride, Thanks for all your share. I am seeing things along the way that you will remember for the rest of your days with joy and amusement. KP

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear Across the Water,

    You must have got your "sea~legs" fairly quickly, you have not mentioned any sea~sickness anyway!

    Bet you are really enjoying your nice warm tights, as on the water is is always a bit more chilly.

    love,
    Over the Ocean
    in
    NE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your trip pictures and notes, Maxine. Thanks for sharing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete