I was in a hurry when I did my last post, and forgot to mention about the food courts (we ate at two of them in different places)
All of this country is very "green minded" and yes as Relyssa asked in my former post, all the dishes, silver & glasses in the food courts, or coffee shops anywhere are all "REAL"! Something we have never seen before. (Of course I mean in a mall-food court area!) When you are thru eating they all go to racks sitting in the area, and are sent to a common area to be washed & distributed back to the food restraunts.
We thought we'd grab something quick in the train station and take it along, but it's served on glass plates!!
People recycle all their trash here, all the toilets have water saving flushes, and most laundry is dried on racks not in the dryer.
I never would have survived that with my family--it took 2 days to get some dry the other day!
This morning early (3 a.m.) we went to the ferry, and took it to the mainland Finland where Laura and her co-worker Mavis are working now.
We did have a cabin on this ferry, and tried to get a couple hours sleep. I have to say tho, it felt like we were in a closet--hehe! It had a set of bunks on each side of the room, and an isle inbetween. Enough room to put our luggage under the bottom bunk and a little night stand at the head inbetween the beds.
We will go again tomorrow to another area, and the cabin we have when we go again will be larger, as we will have a whole over night trip.
Now it's nap time before we go do some sight seeing.
This blog is a journal of my 3 week trip to see our daughter Laura in Finland. My friend Ruth S. and I left on Sept 15, 2010 from Chicago IL, arrived in Stockholm Sweden, traveled to Finland, took an overnight cruise trip to St. Petersburg Russia, back to Helsinki Finland, then back to Sweden and left to come back to the states on Oct 6, 2010
I exported these posts from my main blog so they had their own blog and didn't get lost in the middle of my "family life" posts. When I posted them I also changed the format to "first to last" posts, rather than the normal "last posts first." Now you can start at the beginning and read thru to the last.
I really appreciate all those who let me know you stopped by! Thanks for visiting.
I exported these posts from my main blog so they had their own blog and didn't get lost in the middle of my "family life" posts. When I posted them I also changed the format to "first to last" posts, rather than the normal "last posts first." Now you can start at the beginning and read thru to the last.
I really appreciate all those who let me know you stopped by! Thanks for visiting.
dear over in the "green~land",
ReplyDeleteInteresting.
I can understand the 'not drying for 2 days' thing. Every available chair, door (including cabinet)as well as my wash~room lines are full when the weather does not cooperate for outside line drying.
love,
Its raining today
in NE