This blog is a journal of my 3 week trip to see our daughter Laura in Finland. My friend Ruth S. and I left on Sept 15, 2010 from Chicago IL, arrived in Stockholm Sweden, traveled to Finland, took an overnight cruise trip to St. Petersburg Russia, back to Helsinki Finland, then back to Sweden and left to come back to the states on Oct 6, 2010

I exported these posts from my main blog so they had their own blog and didn't get lost in the middle of my "family life" posts. When I posted them I also changed the format to "first to last" posts, rather than the normal "last posts first." Now you can start at the beginning and read thru to the last.

I really appreciate all those who let me know you stopped by! Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Vaasa-1

Friday morning we set off for the 4.5 hour car trip to Vaasa.  The scenery changed a bit the further North we went.  Still lots of trees, but we did see more fields.  It was also a bit rainy, (o.k....I was being generous here, it was quite a bit rainy!) haha!  but we've been told:
"There is no bad weather in Finland....only inadequate clothing"!!






 We were happy to see a rest stop--COFFEE! *Smile*!

 And a little time to go explore






 This is one of my favorite photos so far.  It was really beautiful in this spot!

 The driveway into the Vaasa conv. grounds where we stayed.  (not in this red house, there is another larger one.  This photo was taken from our upstairs bedroom looking out towards the road)
 Our first meal here with Larry & Gordon, and Henry who lives here.



Taken later Friday evening when we went into town to meet with Diana, one of our friends here.

Coming up next--Our weekend here in Vaasa.

5 comments:

  1. I was hoping to see a pic of Mavis! And nice to see Larry and Gordon, too! Did you do any laughing? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really beautiful pictures, my favorite is the one with the bend in the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, looks like you're having a good time. Gorgeous scenery there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the buildings are red!
    Tell Larry hi from John and Jenny...but I suppose it's too late for that, you're probably not with him anymore. Oh well.
    Thanks for another update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anita--Laugh??? Whatever do you mean? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete