This blog is a journal of my 3 week trip to see our daughter Laura in Finland. My friend Ruth S. and I left on Sept 15, 2010 from Chicago IL, arrived in Stockholm Sweden, traveled to Finland, took an overnight cruise trip to St. Petersburg Russia, back to Helsinki Finland, then back to Sweden and left to come back to the states on Oct 6, 2010

I exported these posts from my main blog so they had their own blog and didn't get lost in the middle of my "family life" posts. When I posted them I also changed the format to "first to last" posts, rather than the normal "last posts first." Now you can start at the beginning and read thru to the last.

I really appreciate all those who let me know you stopped by! Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

We land accross the water

Thursday a.m.

Our plane landed at 7:55 a.m.  We were near the back of the plane and it took considerable time to get everyone in front of us out of the way and we finally luggage in hand made our way to the front and off the plane, down the long halls into the Stockholm terminal and thru customs (with no problems), thru security doors, down more hallways to the baggage claim where we were quite happy to see our suitcases arrive safely, down another hallway....








and there was Laura waiting around the corner! (flowers in hand as a welcome for each of us!)











Out into the cloudy damp day

To a very lovely mini van that we felt right at home in....


Off down the "interstate" towards our friends the Skallebergs

And the sun came out and it's all sparkly & bright with a rainbow in the distance!

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful!!!! Laura looks so-o-o-o good!!! and so happy to see her mama :) thanks for postiing all these. love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for safe trips and great times with a seldom seen daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't even look like you've hardly slept!! So very exciting! Great Days! Hello to Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Traveler,
    I cried.
    I admired.
    I enjoyed.

    Love,
    With a Smidgeon of Envy in NE

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh...I just about got all teary myself. I'm sure emotions were running high as you and Laura were reunited. Nobody like Momma. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This took me back to waiting where Laura was- watching anxiously for the familiar faces to show up. Something I love to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was all excited to see this moment then a droplet of water fell from my cheek, what a well deserved, joyous, profitable trip. >>hugs<<

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO good to see those pictures!!!
    sniffle... sniffle...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep it comin'. I am so excited to see what you post next! Hugs to Laura!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Laura! Such a sweet, memorable greeting for your mama and friend. I see happiness radiating throughout your photos, Max!

    ReplyDelete
  11. dear far away sister,

    Now it's me admitting to tears running down my cheeks. The picture of the two of you looking our way says it all!

    love,
    Worth the Wait
    in
    NE

    ReplyDelete