This blog is a journal of my 3 week trip to see our daughter Laura in Finland. My friend Ruth S. and I left on Sept 15, 2010 from Chicago IL, arrived in Stockholm Sweden, traveled to Finland, took an overnight cruise trip to St. Petersburg Russia, back to Helsinki Finland, then back to Sweden and left to come back to the states on Oct 6, 2010

I exported these posts from my main blog so they had their own blog and didn't get lost in the middle of my "family life" posts. When I posted them I also changed the format to "first to last" posts, rather than the normal "last posts first." Now you can start at the beginning and read thru to the last.

I really appreciate all those who let me know you stopped by! Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Friday--Day 2

 Thursday night (and Friday night) we spent at a cabin owned by the family here.  We had the place to ourselves, and it was delightful.  Surrounded by trees with a view of the Baltic Sea out one side of the house (I have NO idea of my directions here!!)

A little trivia for you here...Stockholm is made up of 14 different islands, so we are pretty much surrounded by water no matter where we go!

We left our delighful quiet retreat on Friday morning, heading into the train station. Our destination was Old Town, and  Junibacken, a museum about the author of books by Astrid Lindgren (Pippi Longstocking)



The train stop where we got on/off

View from the window-

Our destination-


The view looking out at the station from the inside-

Inside view at the station-

Very important--The internet area.... lol! (no, I did NOT haul my computer around town with me!)

From a bridge looking down--see all the bicycles on the right?

Scenes from along the way


It started raining, as we were heading towards our desination and we decided we would take the opportunity to go and eat since we had forgot our umbrellas. The street we were on was lined with restraunts & coffee/dessert shops to choose from, inside and out.
 Lucky for us even tho it did rain several times during the day it was pretty short lived each time and we did not get soaked as we were out for 7 hours!
Oh yes....Good Chinese buffet *smile*!

Friday afternoon--continued later.

3 comments:

  1. Oh it's fun to see this all through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am so enjoying this! these are grteat photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear SweeedSistah,

    Your doing VERY well with your photo~journaling! Glad you got your new camera all figured out in time for this trip.

    love,
    TheMiddleOne following along
    in
    NE

    ReplyDelete