It was asked in my former post where all the people were?
I have to admit that in most of these pictures I've posted I've worked very hard to get the scenery without people in them.
Yes, there are lots of people here! Mostly walking or riding bikes like I mentioned. The train station was always full of masses of people, and I did post some photos of that The trains were full of people.
The particular areas of old town we walked were not so full, although the sidewalk cafes were quite heavily populated, so maybe they were all being smart and taking their afternoon tea!
Although I have taken some people pictures that I am planning a post for later, I have to admit that I find it difficult to point my camera into the crowd. I wish I had a picture of the busy sidewalk with everyone's umbrella raised, people walking 5 abreast, meeting us coming the other way, and I don't know what they were thinking, but I was wondering how we were going to pass without crashing umbrellas!
Looking back over my pictures of Friday and Saturday I also realized that although we did see plenty of people, a lot of the area that we walked those days probably was not so much on the main routes.
Now I'm off to get ready for breakfast--it's being served at "Half-Ten". Anyone know what time that is referring to in "America"?
This blog is a journal of my 3 week trip to see our daughter Laura in Finland. My friend Ruth S. and I left on Sept 15, 2010 from Chicago IL, arrived in Stockholm Sweden, traveled to Finland, took an overnight cruise trip to St. Petersburg Russia, back to Helsinki Finland, then back to Sweden and left to come back to the states on Oct 6, 2010
I exported these posts from my main blog so they had their own blog and didn't get lost in the middle of my "family life" posts. When I posted them I also changed the format to "first to last" posts, rather than the normal "last posts first." Now you can start at the beginning and read thru to the last.
I really appreciate all those who let me know you stopped by! Thanks for visiting.
I exported these posts from my main blog so they had their own blog and didn't get lost in the middle of my "family life" posts. When I posted them I also changed the format to "first to last" posts, rather than the normal "last posts first." Now you can start at the beginning and read thru to the last.
I really appreciate all those who let me know you stopped by! Thanks for visiting.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I always wondered how people took pictures of strangers? I have seen such intriguing people sometimes and would have loved to snap their picture, but I always feel like I shouldn't. Maybe if I could just learn how to do it inconspicuously.
ReplyDeleteSeeing streets w/o ppl looks kinda strange, but it is easier to see the scenery. Although, sometimes the ppl are the scenery. :) Have you run into any of the ABBA singers yet? ;)
ReplyDeleteDarcie- I have taken some--Holding my camera at my waist and just snapping--some turn out some don't. I've tried to get some of the outfits here--Ruth and I have had several fits of giggles over that!
ReplyDeletedear ShyShooter,
ReplyDeletejust point and shoot....as they say. You know they don't really know if you are really focusing on them or beyond at someone/thing else!
love,
We want to see the odd ones too
in
NE